The favicon is the unsung hero of every website. At an average of 16 pixels squared each, it's easy to see why one might overlook the tiny image that represents your brand from the corner of the tab of your web browser.
Indeed, the favicon is pervasive. If you think about it, the favicon is one of, if not the only part of your brand that exists on every page of your website. The time it takes to change your favicon is minimal compared to the impressions it will see in its lifetime. Take a few minutes to change your Squarespace favicon with this handy how-to.
How to Change Your Squarespace Favicon
Changing your website's favicon on Squarespace is a snap, and you'll feel a small sense of accomplishment when you're through.
- Log in to your site's admin controls
- Click on the gear icon to access your Settings
- Locate the Browser Icon (Favicon) section within the Site section of the Settings
- Drag an image from your computer (don't worry about sizing - Squarespace will take care of it)
- (Optional) Crop your image using Squarespace's editing tools (powered by Aviary) to make any adjustments to maximize the visibility of this tiny image
Enjoy Your New Squarespace Favicon
You're all set to enjoy your new favicon. Don't be one of the thousands of sites with the default Squarespace favicon. Take a stand, and five minutes right now to make sure your brand is well represented on every browser tab and every operating system task bar it adorns.