Author: Avinash Kaushik
Web Analytics 2.0 - An Overview
If you're blogging or have built a website with a goal in mind, you absolutely cannot get by without using a web analytics package of some sort (e.g., Google Analytics). And no one explains web analytics better than Avinash Kaushik, author of Web Analytics 2.0, The Art of Online Accountability & Science of Customer Centricity, . You'll learn how to become an analysis ninja as Kaushik leads you through content such as:
- How to think about and select the right web analytics tool for your website
- An introduction to bounce rates, conversion rates and other Clickstream metrics
- Defining and measuring goals and other outcomes
- Capturing the "Why" with qualitative analytics tools
- Using A/B, multivariate, competitive, social and video analytics tools
- Tips for becoming an Analysis Ninja
- How to get started in a career of web analytics
Why You'll Probably Like Web Analytics 2.0
Managing any web project can be challenging. The ability to measure our performance with web analytics packages is a huge advantage. Understanding what's working and having a reasonably good idea why are two luxuries afforded to those who are willing to put in the time to understand the basics of web analytics. And no one is better at writing about web analytics than Avinash Kaushik.
Is Web Analytics 2.0 Really for You?
Almost certainly yes. There are very few people that create content on the web without some sort of a goal. More readers. Money. Subscribers. Something. If you have a goal online and want a way to measure your progress towards that goal, then yes. This book is probably for you.
What People Are Saying on Twitter:
What Did You Think?
Have you read Web Analytics 2.0? What did you think? Are you as passionate about web analytics as Avinash and me? What were the big takeaways for you? Big Picture Web readers want to hear your thoughts. Please feel free to leave them in the comments below.
(Note: the links to books in this book review are affiliate links. Thank you for subsidizing my book habit!)