A few weeks ago, Squarspace founder and president Anthony Casalena announced some planned enhancements to the web's best publishing and blogging platform. Since then they've quietly rolled out their new Locations social widget, giving you the ability to integrate your Foursquare, Gowalla and/or Facebook Places stream into your Squarespace blog or website. Today we'll take a look the new Squarespace Locations widget and how to install it.
Installing the Foursquare/Gowalla/Facebook Places Squarespace Widget
Installing the new Locations widget on your Squarespace couldn't be easier. As with all Squarespace functionality, there's an intuitive setup process followed by a comprehensive set of configuration options. To add a Foursquare, Gowalla or Facebook Places widget on your site, simply follow these five easy steps:
- Log in to you Squarespace website and enter the Structure Editing mode
- Select Add widget from a new or existing sidebar section
- Navigate to the Social Widgets tab and then select the Location widget
- Configure your location service by selecting your app and then signing in through Squarespace's API
- Use the dead-simple Squarespace controls to configure and customize your location widget. Once done, save and enable your new widget. That's it. You're all done.
Adding Location Based Services to Your Squarespace Website
Intuitive, versatile and awesome. The new Squarespace Location widget passes the test for all new Squarespace functionality. Take a few minutes to install Foursquare, Gowalla and/or Facebook Places on your blog or website and then come back and tell me what you thought about the process in the comments below.